Grid Network Services LtdGrid Network Services Ltd (GNS) are a leading contractor in Ireland for Planning, Surveying, Design, Procurement and Construction of new and refurbished Overhead Transmission / Distribution Powerlines and Substations of all voltages for the National Power-Grid Network and Windfarm Grid connections, with an in-house team of highly qualified and experienced Engineers, Project Managers, Site Managers/ Supervisors, H&S Managers/Officers and Qualified Linesmen.
GNS are also a leader in stringing over Rail, Road, Navigable Waterways and Built-Up areas without causing any interference to the normal operation of services, using our own uniquely developed "Catenary System".
The GNS philosophy is to successfully deliver a turnkey operation to the Utility sector, with Safety, Health, Quality and the Environment as the paramount factors.
- The Company believes that in all aspects of its business, the Safety, Health and Welfare of its employees and other persons who may be affected by its activities are paramount, and does not accept any of its work activities causing injury, ill health or harm
- Universal service portfolio for High-Voltage Lines & Substations ; Consulting, Design (PSDP), Planning, Construction (PSCS), Commissioning, Project Management, Service, and Maintenance
- Predominant market knowledge
- Turnkey provider, with all in-house skills and equipment - allowing the provision of the most competitive service
- 12 Years experience working for ESBN from LV to 400kV (OHL & Substations)
- Team of Highly Qualified and Experienced employees at all levels
- State of the Art Plant & Equipment (Stringing Machines, Derricks, Winches, Hydraulic Presses, Test Equipment, Excavators, Lorries, Track Dumpers, ATV’s, etc)
GNS Senior Managers and Employees have an average of 18+ year’s experience in the delivery of large and complex projects to the utility sector, to include construction / refurbishment of Overhead Power Lines, electrical fit-out of Substations and all associated Electrical and Civil works. Over the years we have not only gained vast experience in the safe delivery of projects on time and within the budget constraints, but have built up a vast array of knowledge and experience in the construction of transmission lines in the most difficult situations.
GNS have been involved in Powerline construction in the West of Ireland and throughout for over the past 12 years, and have developed a profound knowledge of the vehicles most suited to such difficult terrain, a lot of which would be a mixture of bog and rock.
With a fleet of over 20 Tracked Diggers - the majority of them equipped with extra wide tracks, Tracked Dumpers, Wheeled Diggers, Teleportors, Tractors, and associated transport equipment - including a 40ft Articulated Truck, GNS also have invested in an array of unique vehicles specifically designed to travel on bogs and marshlands. Some of the GNS fleet can be seen in the photo galleries throughout this website.